life in the in-between
This season for me is transitional. Maybe every season is. Maybe we're always experiencing current reality, while anticipating what comes next.
For me, I feel like that's my reality. I'm so close to my next chapter of life, and yet it seems far away.
Have you ever been there?
It's easy to believe in times like these that your circumstances are unique or that you're not moving forward (yep, that's me, again with the forward motion theme).
Instead, I'm choosing to believe that God is actively involved during this season, preparing me for what comes next.
I think about Joshua in the Bible (shameless plug for reading the Bible - there's some really good stories in there). Moses had just died, and a major transition was about to take place. The Israelites had been stuck in the desert for nearly 40 years (talk about a lack of forward motion), and God was about to lead them into the promised land.
As God told them to prepare for all the transition that was about to happen, he told them 2 things, over and over:
Be strong and courageous.
Don't be afraid, because I'm with you.
(Joshua 1:9)
Let that sink in. God didn't tell them the details of what was going to happen, and he didn't reflect on the past. Instead, he asked the people to be strong, courageous, and fearless. Why? Because he was with them.
I think that's what God is trying to tell each of us during our seasons of transition. He's asking us to be patient, to stop worrying about the details, and to walk confidently today because he's in control of what happens next.
So today, friends, let's do just that. Let's stop being consumed with what others think about us, let's stop being afraid to take action, and let's start to believe that God is using today to prepare us for tomorrow.
0 comments